Re: huawei E5776 (hilink) 3.12-->3.13 not working anymore

Am 27.11.2013 13:33, schrieb Bjørn Mork:
Thomas Schäfer <tschaefer@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Hi,

I have it already mentioned somewhere. Sorry for duplicates.

The Huawei E5776
(normal use, classic IPv4, hilink mode (with webinterface and RFC1918 IP-
config including NAT)

So this is always connected and you don't normally use ModemManager or
any other userspace utility to manage it?

Yes. I am not sure if Networkmanager was involved, but if so, he did only dhcp. (or I started the dhcpcd )

I guess it should be a "wwan"
device at all then, but I don't see how we can avoid that given that
both PID and subclass/protocol is same as managed modems.

Some other hilink-devices, I have seen, use cdc_ether instead, still working with 3.13.

Anyway, this is obviously not the problem in your case.

worked well with 3.12 and before, but it doesn't work any more with 3.13.

At least one local branded version of the huawei E3776 is also affected.

Yes, and you already tested reverting all changes to cdc_ncm with that
modem, was that so? You still have the same problems with the v3.12
version of cdc_ncm running on v3.13-rc1+?

If I remember correctly yes.

How about looking at usbmon differences?  That should show us where
things start to go wrong.

I will try it tonight.

Thomas

PS: in the meantime I was shocked by the change of 0930:1319 Ericsson H5321gw from cdc_ncm to mbim in older kernel-versions. But this is a different site. I will test mbim on this device later, because first tests are stopped by compiling problems at the "live"-CD.