Re: huawei E5776 (hilink) 3.12-->3.13 not working anymore

Thomas Schäfer <tschaefer@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I have it already mentioned somewhere. Sorry for duplicates.
>
> The Huawei E5776
> (normal use, classic IPv4, hilink mode (with webinterface and RFC1918 IP-
> config including NAT)

So this is always connected and you don't normally use ModemManager or
any other userspace utility to manage it?  I guess it should be a "wwan"
device at all then, but I don't see how we can avoid that given that
both PID and subclass/protocol is same as managed modems.

Anyway, this is obviously not the problem in your case.

> worked well with 3.12 and before, but it doesn't work any more with 3.13.
>
> At least one local branded version of the huawei E3776 is also affected.

Yes, and you already tested reverting all changes to cdc_ncm with that
modem, was that so? You still have the same problems with the v3.12
version of cdc_ncm running on v3.13-rc1+?

How about looking at usbmon differences?  That should show us where
things start to go wrong.

Bjørn