Re: Linux USB file storage gadget with new UDC

On Mon, 13 May 2013, victor yeo wrote:

> Thanks, i will enable the CONFIG_PRINTK_TIME. Nonetheless, now the
> gadget driver and UDC driver are able to process some SCSI_WRITE_10
> commands (i ignore the USB reset interrupt in UDC driver). Please see
> the attached usbmon log. Will the log help?

All I can tell is that the gadget got hung after receiving the second
WRITE command.  Can you figure out where it got hung and why?

Victor, you don't seem to get the big pattern that keeps repeating
here.  Every time something does wrong, you tell me about it.  Then I
point out that you didn't include any debugging information, so you
send part of a log.  Then I point out that you didn't send the entire
log, or you didn't send logs for both the gadget and the host.  You end
up losing a day or two each time this happens.

There's a very simple lesson: When you're asking for help in debugging
a problem, _always_ include _all_ the data that might be relevant.

Here's another lesson, which I have pointed out a few times before but
you still don't seem to have understood: When you want to know where
your driver is hanging up, put a bunch of printk statements in it, at
all the important spots.  Then you'll be able to see, in the log, the
last printk that was executed before the hang.  That will tell you
where the problem is.

Alan Stern