Re: About chipidea tree

Peter Chen <peter.chen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 02:47:34PM +0100, Marc Kleine-Budde wrote:

>> > Sure,
>> > http://marc.info/?l=linux-usb&m=135902434508839

>> > Taking a quick look, quite some of those patches are not ready for
>> > inclusion yet. So if the question is, do we need a -next tree for all
>> > the chipidea patchsets floating around, it might be a good thing. But
>> > it's not what Peter was asking in the first place.
>>
>> I suggest that we have a branch that holds all chipidea patches that are
>> ready for mainline. Otherwise it's really hard to code any new features
>
> I agree.
>
> Alex, you can have a repo at github or any other places which is based
> on usb-next, and add it to MAINTAINERS. We can develop the new feature
> based on your repo. Greg can pull it directly if he agrees or you can send
> your queued patchset before every merge windows.

Ok, let's try this. I have a linux-ci repo on github, might as well do
something useful with it [1], [2]. Currently, the branch called
"ci-for-greg" is where I stack patches that I'm planning to be sending
(via email) to Greg when the time is right. The "policy" is such that
it'll be rebased on top of Greg's usb-next and probably often, so no
fast forwards. Also patches may be dropped from it if necessary. Since
the branch is not for pulling, the "no rebase" rule doesn't apply.

If you have comments/suggestions/etc for a patch that is in this branch,
please reply to the email with that patch on the mailing list and not
via github infrastructure.

Sounds reasonable?

I'm now scouting my inbox for more candidates for this branch. Please
don't re-send the patches that have already been sent, unless you have
new versions of those, I have them all. Do send new versions, though.

[1] git://github.com/virtuoso/linux-ci.git ci-for-greg
[2] https://github.com/virtuoso/linux-ci/commits/ci-for-greg

Regards,
--
Alex