Re: About chipidea tree

Peter Chen <peter.chen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Hi Alex,

Hi,

> Do we have a chipidea repo which is queued for mainline?
> We have several patchsets for chipidea these monthes, I
> don't know their status. For me, I would like based
> on your tree if it exists.

I thought about it, but then it seems like having a separate branch is
bound to be confusing to most people. I'd much rather prefer everything
go to usb-next, and this is my current plan. Since Greg will start
applying new stuff to usb-next after -rc1 is tagged, I'll send my
current stash of patches for inclusion then. If your patchset, for
example, has conflicts with my stuff that's not merged, I'll try to take
care of resolving the conflicts and submit everything to Greg. In other
words, it should be always ok to base your chipidea patchsets on
usb-next.

Let me know if this sounds reasonable to you.

Regards,
--
Alex