Re: usb to parallel cable not recognized

On 21.11.2012 00:00, Peter Stuge wrote:
Rolf Leggewie wrote:
Recently, I was given a usb-to-parallel adapter cable but the
latest mainline kernel does not recognize it.

Does the cable work with any other operating system on any other
computer?

Peter,

thank you for your quick reply. I tried two different computers, one running Windows Vista. But unfortunately, it looks like the cable isn't recognized properly on any of the USB ports. The donor was running it under Windows, but might have been a while ago. It's unclear if there was a driver CD that had come with it originally. It looks like there isn't much I can do than simply return it.

Regards

Rolf