Re: usb to parallel cable not recognized

Rolf Leggewie wrote:
> Recently, I was given a usb-to-parallel adapter cable but the
> latest mainline kernel does not recognize it.  I can't find any
> identifying information on the cable itself.  Please let me know
> what information I can provide to get this supported.

The cable doesn't enumerate correctly, there's not much Linux can do
about this unfortunately.

Does the cable work with any other operating system on any other
computer?

Does it work on every USB port on that computer?

Did you try a few different ports on the computer where it does not work?

//Peter