Re: USB-OTG enabled phone mount desktop partitions via USB port

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 9:21 AM, Alan Stern <stern@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, 9 Oct 2012, 杨苏立 Yang Su Li wrote:
>
>> That's great!
>>
>> They do have a newer net2282 board though. That's not supported by Linux?
>
> It is.  The same driver supports both net2280 and net2282.
>
>> Also, seems like if I want to use this board to resemble an USB mass
>> storage (which is backed by a ramdisk), I will have to get the
>> firmware which comes with this company's RDK package? Sadly net2280's
>
> I don't think you need any firmware.  Certainly the net2280 doesn't
> need any.
>
>> RDK isn't available in the market anymore (though I believe I can
>> still get the evaluation board or controller. Should I get an
>> evaluation board or controller?)
>
> Doesn't the controller come on a PCI card?  That's all you need.  What
> else does the evaluation board have?

Unfortunately the USB controller doesn't come on a PCI card (to my surprise).

I guess I would have to get an evaluation board
(http://www.semiconductorstore.com/cart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=6697)
in order to "plug and play" this thing.

According to the product brief
(http://www.semiconductorstore.com/pages/asp/DownloadDirect.asp?sid=1350464346395)
this might be the thing I need.

However, this product is for NET2280EVB-SW, while the one they are
selling is NET2280EVB-LF. I am not quite sure if there's any
significant different between these two models? Can I just get
NET2280EVB-LF, plug it into a PCI slot in my desktop, and use it?

I am sorry I am asking questions which should really be answered by
the PLX tech support. However, my application to access their tech
support website is denied, and the description of products in the
website is very vague. Hopefully you guys have some familiarity with
these products....

Suli

--
Suli Yang