Re: USB-OTG enabled phone mount desktop partitions via USB port

On Tue, 9 Oct 2012, 杨苏立 Yang Su Li wrote:

> That's great!
>
> They do have a newer net2282 board though. That's not supported by Linux?

It is.  The same driver supports both net2280 and net2282.

> Also, seems like if I want to use this board to resemble an USB mass
> storage (which is backed by a ramdisk), I will have to get the
> firmware which comes with this company's RDK package? Sadly net2280's

I don't think you need any firmware.  Certainly the net2280 doesn't
need any.

> RDK isn't available in the market anymore (though I believe I can
> still get the evaluation board or controller. Should I get an
> evaluation board or controller?)

Doesn't the controller come on a PCI card?  That's all you need.  What
else does the evaluation board have?

> I am trying to contact PLX's technical support, however it seems like
> PLX is very restrictive on who the provide technical support to.....
>
> Thanks a lot.

You're welcome.

Alan Stern