Re: usb3 fails to write when using usb3 hub in usb3 port

On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 12:38 AM, Sarah Sharp
<sarah.a.sharp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Ok, so 3.4.11 doesn't work, and the log file was from 3.5.

If you want I can provide a 3.4 log...

> If it's not LPM, I'm really out of ideas.  I would suggest getting
> another USB 3.0 hub, but I know that basically the VIA chipset is the
> one out there, so that wouldn't be likely to help.
>
> You might go see if your USB 3.0 hub has a firmware update for it.  I
> know other people were having problems with storage devices that stopped
> responding to a Set Address command after the USB storage driver tried
> to reset it.  Maybe your issue would also go away after a firmware
> update?

I got a gembird and a  manhatan..none show firmware updaes on their
websites (both seem to be using the same via chipset)... manhattan
even mailed replied to my mail:
"Dear sirs, as this hub is not designed for Linux-OS, you may
encounter such driver issues. If you want, you can test it on a
Windows-PC. If you are still experiencing problems, let us know."