Re: usb3 fails to write when using usb3 hub in usb3 port

You should use Reply-To-All so that your messages get sent to the
mailing list as well as to me.

On Sun, 23 Sep 2012, Adrian Sandu wrote:

> Thanks for the fast response in the 1st place :)
>
> > Which computer is the nettop and which is the laptop?
>
> The nettop is an asrock 152d
> http://www.asrock.com/nettop/overview.asp?Model=ION%203D%20Series#Specifications
>
> The laptop is a sony vaio vpcf13m1e/h
> http://www.sony.ro/product/vaio-seria-f/vpcf13m1e-h
>

> >> An usbmon dump on 0u can be seen at http://d3xt3r01.tk/~dexter/usbmon.trace.txt
>
> Refreshed with some more info ..

In the new file you wrote: "launch cat of 9u, start copying a file to
/dev/sdb1 ( using mc for example )".  Where was this file stored?  Was
it on /dev/sdd1?

My reason for asking is because the failure did not occur during a
write to /dev/sdb; it occurred during a read from /dev/sdd.  There is
no apparent reason for the failure -- following a request for 122880
bytes of data, the drive sent 2048 bytes and then stopped sending.

The computer successfully reset the drive and asked for the same 122880
bytes again.  The drive failed to respond for 30 seconds, so the
computer tried to reset the drive again.  This time, repeated resets
all failed.  That's why the drive no longer showed up in the lsusb
output.

It's hard to say exactly where the fault lies, but my guess is with the
drive or its USB interface.

Alan Stern