Re: usb3 fails to write when using usb3 hub in usb3 port

> You should use Reply-To-All so that your messages get sent to the
> mailing list as well as to me.

Will do from now on :)

> In the new file you wrote: "launch cat of 9u, start copying a file to
> /dev/sdb1 ( using mc for example )".  Where was this file stored?  Was
> it on /dev/sdd1?
>
> My reason for asking is because the failure did not occur during a
> write to /dev/sdb; it occurred during a read from /dev/sdd.  There is
> no apparent reason for the failure -- following a request for 122880
> bytes of data, the drive sent 2048 bytes and then stopped sending.
>
> The computer successfully reset the drive and asked for the same 122880
> bytes again.  The drive failed to respond for 30 seconds, so the
> computer tried to reset the drive again.  This time, repeated resets
> all failed.  That's why the drive no longer showed up in the lsusb
> output.
>
> It's hard to say exactly where the fault lies, but my guess is with the
> drive or its USB interface.

Will try again in about 2 - 3 hours with only 1 drive connected to the
hub so there won't be any more confussion.

All drives work just fine when connected directly to the usb ports in
the asrock. They also work just fine ( it seems ) when connected
through the usb hub to my laptop. And as I said, both have the same
usb3 hub chip that's why I think it's weird.

Anyhow, will get you more debug in a couple of hours.

Thanks again for bearing me.