Re: more than 255 usbserial interfaces

On Fri, Jun 08, 2012 at 03:17:56AM -0300, Italo Migotto wrote:
> they are modems. yes, I only use one of the interfaces, but couldn´t
> find a way to unbind individual interfaces, only the whole device.

I don't have a usb-serial device with me at the moment to test, but look
in /sys/bus/usb-serial/ and look at the unbind file, to see if you can
unbind a device from the driver there.  That should free up the minor
number, and should only be the individual interface.

But, it might not work, depending on the driver and device, I've never
tried it...