RE: your mail

> Do you mean the "generic" usb serial driver?  If so, ick, never use
> that for a real device.  See the archives on this list a few weeks ago
> for detailed reasons why.

yep. that's the one i'm talking about. i'm curious. can I make use of the
option module for the device by recompile it and adds the vendor and product
code on the module so it will recognize the device without having to bind it
manually. or should i go for kernel upgrades instead.

> It's on the kernel.org site.

let's say i have downloaded the new kernel. how am I supposed to compile it
to replace the current one. is there any tutorial about compiling a kernel
to replace a currently installed kernel? i'm totally blind on this.

thanks

Ahmad.