Re: usb-serial: tcgetattr, tcsetattr

I have compare the  behavior against another serial dongle (pl2303). The
behaviour is identical.
1) The Open function of the driver calls termios (given that the file is a
tty). The termios function takes the serial setting (baudrate, #data bits,
etc) from the tty, and sets the convertor adccordingly
2) ioctl(TCSETS) or ioctl(TCGETS) fails in the driver (what the tty layer is
doing in between I however do not know).

I no longer think there is issue.

This sort of brings me back to the start of the thread:
Using cat and echo I see buffering effects. Data written into a tty is not
directly flush out on the receiving tty. If I for instance dump around 200
charactes, and then 10 characters via echo into the sending device, it is  not
necessarily directly dumped by "cat" hanging on the receiving device. Putting
more characters into the sending device eventually flushes it out on the
receiving terminal.

I would like to write a test program that exchanges data between 2 serial
ports. Using VTIME and VMIN, it should be possible to avoid buffering of the
tty . My program does not really work. By now, I have read most of the serial-
programing-guides. I guess I am not the first one to try this and  wonder if
there are test harenesses available that are known to work.

Thanks
Tilman