Re: Driver(s) for Synopsys' DesignWare USB OTG

Nikolai Zhubr a écrit :
> Hello Matthieu,
>
> 09.01.2012 13:04, Matthieu CASTET wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I think there is a confusion : there 2 usb controller sold by Synopsys :
>>
>> - the one they buy from chip-idea (the ehci one extended to do otg and handle
>> full-speed device without companion). This driver got more than one udc driver.
>>
>> - the one they did : DesignWare USB OTG. Most of the scheduling is done with
>> software (at least for the version we had) : it make impossible to use full
>> speed serial device on a high speed hub (irq storm due to split transaction).
>>
>> I think the driver of Nikolai is the second one.
>
> You are right. The irq problems you mentioned are reflected somewhere in
> the code (Not that I understand it well). Does it mean successfull
> connection just won't be possible in some cases? (Sorry if the question
> sounds silly, my background wrt USB is still next to nonexistent)

What we saw was : on a product with a high speed hub :
- plug a device that need a bulk transaction that is always resubmitted (for
example a serial device)
- the kernel freeze : it spends all of its time in the irq

In our products with a hub, we forced full-speed for that reason.

Matthieu