Re: Driver(s) for Synopsys' DesignWare USB OTG

Hi,

>> Please see:
>> http://marc.info/?l=linux-usb&m=129906859817430&w=2
>
> Ah, thanks. So sadly uncoordinated work in this area is quite common.
> However, in case of Synopsys the situation is even more disappointing
> because initially it _was_ a single driver! What probably lacked was some
> shared repository and proper communication between developers to stay in
> sync. Maybe there were also licensing issues at some point, though currently
> file headers contain rather reasonable (imho) permissive license from
> Synopsys.

I think there is a confusion : there 2 usb controller sold by Synopsys :

- the one they buy from chip-idea (the ehci one extended to do otg and handle
full-speed device without companion). This driver got more than one udc driver.

- the one they did : DesignWare USB OTG. Most of the scheduling is done with
software (at least for the version we had) : it make impossible to use full
speed serial device on a high speed hub (irq storm due to split transaction).

I think the driver of Nikolai is the second one.

Matthieu