Re: Huawei/Qualcomm "NDIS" driver

Am 01.12.2011 21:21, schrieb Bjørn Mork:
Josua Dietze<digidietze@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  writes:
Am 01.12.2011 10:48, schrieb Bjørn Mork:
However, I cannot really get the last one to match up with the
descriptors as seen in Linux.  There I see protocol 9 for the master CDC
ethernet interface and protocol 8 for the slave interface.  Odd.

I might be able to explain that. It's a usb_modeswitch affair.

I was contacted by a Huawei engineer who urged me to use a slightly
different mode switching procedure than the one used in the Windows
driver for all current Huawei devices.
This results in a different setup - a third mode - which is obviously
needed for the home-brewed Huawei driver.

Thanks, I knew there had to be an explanation.  I don't understand why
this would matter to Huawei, though.  Looks like they provide their own
modeswitch binary with the driver anyway.

If both usb_modeswitch and their own switcher are installed, there will be no conflict; the target mode is identical, no matter which tool kicks in first.

You wouldn't happen to have the other command available, or a pointer to
where I can find it?  I am interested in seeing what the Windows setup
looks like.  And that's what is tested anyway...

No problem:
MessageContent="55534243123456780600000080000601000000000000000000000000000000"

Just replace it in the configuration for your device. The target mode USB ID may be different than with the default bulk message.

Josua