Re: Huawei/Qualcomm "NDIS" driver

Josua Dietze <digidietze@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> Am 01.12.2011 10:48, schrieb Bjørn Mork:
>> Yes, the .INF files mostly confirms this:  They install
>>
>> 1) modem:
>> 2) PCUI and DIAG:
>> 3) NDIS:
>>
>> However, I cannot really get the last one to match up with the
>> descriptors as seen in Linux.  There I see protocol 9 for the master CDC
>> ethernet interface and protocol 8 for the slave interface.  Odd.
>
> I might be able to explain that. It's a usb_modeswitch affair.
>
> I was contacted by a Huawei engineer who urged me to use a slightly
> different mode switching procedure than the one used in the Windows
> driver for all current Huawei devices.
> This results in a different setup - a third mode - which is obviously
> needed for the home-brewed Huawei driver.
>
> I did not object because I was assured that the modem port
> functionality would be unaffected. So far, this seems to be correct.

Thanks, I knew there had to be an explanation.  I don't understand why
this would matter to Huawei, though.  Looks like they provide their own
modeswitch binary with the driver anyway.

You wouldn't happen to have the other command available, or a pointer to
where I can find it?  I am interested in seeing what the Windows setup
looks like.  And that's what is tested anyway...

Bjørn