Re: Huawei/Qualcomm "NDIS" driver

Am 01.12.2011 10:48, schrieb Bjørn Mork:
Yes, the .INF files mostly confirms this:  They install

1) modem:
2) PCUI and DIAG:
3) NDIS:

However, I cannot really get the last one to match up with the
descriptors as seen in Linux.  There I see protocol 9 for the master CDC
ethernet interface and protocol 8 for the slave interface.  Odd.

I might be able to explain that. It's a usb_modeswitch affair.

I was contacted by a Huawei engineer who urged me to use a slightly different mode switching procedure than the one used in the Windows driver for all current Huawei devices. This results in a different setup - a third mode - which is obviously needed for the home-brewed Huawei driver.

I did not object because I was assured that the modem port functionality would be unaffected. So far, this seems to be correct.

Josua Dietze