Re: A Question about 'Defined at Interface Level' from lsusb -v

Burton Samograd wrote:
> my main question is, what does it mean when lsusb -v outputs that a
> field is 'Defined at Interface Level'?

What the USB specification says it means is that the value is not
defined in the device descriptor but in the interface descriptor(s).

Putting such a value into an interface descriptor is
1) obviously wrong,
2) violates the USB specification (vendor-specific interfaces must be
   marked, not surprisingly, as "vendor-specific"), and
3) forces you to match by device vendor/product IDs only.

> ... without any luck getting the device to work; after a couple of
> reads from the device I would get timeout errors, or after writing all
> reads would return a timeout error (which was the exact same behaviour
> from the 'old' driver).

This would be an indication that your device speaks a completely
different protocol.

Regards,
Clemens