Re: usb: udc-core: Dual gadget issue in v3.1

Hi,

On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 06:02:15PM +0530, Gupta, Ajay Kumar wrote:
> > > If A) above is solved then B) would not be needed for boards which has
> > > first port as device only and *second* port as host only. If a board
> > > has first port host only and second port as device only then fix A)
> > > alone will not help.
> >
> > why not ?
>
> I take it back. Fix A) will do in either case.
>

> > > We need to have both A) and B) fixed for boards which have both musb
> > port
> > > as OTG capable. (means they have micro-AB receptacle)
> >
> > dude, I'm sorry, but what have you been smoking ? If one port is
> > host-only,
>
> Did you see my comment  "for boards which have both musb port as OTG capable" ?
>
> I wrote this for a board with both port as OTG capable.
>
> Seems you didn't see, that's why you are mixing with your comment
> "If one port is host-only then *** NO GADGET DRIVER SHOULD BIND TO IT **** ".

even in that situation... If your only limitation is allowing e.g.
mounting root on USB stick, then you can either have an initramfs to
help loading the modules very early, or you can just allow host to probe
before gadget.

Current code will only start host after gadget driver is loaded, but
than can be changed easily, right ? (just be sure to test in every
possible combination because MUSB was a bit sensitive out some internal
timing regarding host and device side probing).

Would that help ?

--
balbi