RE: usb: udc-core: Dual gadget issue in v3.1

Hi,
> by
> > >
> > > you misunderstood me. I said that host-only ports, should not need
> > > anything. See the switch below.
> >
> > As explained my comments was w.r.t current musb driver for which you
> > Suggested to use all gadget as module.
> >
> > Ideally there should not be any need for gadget module for host only
> > ports.
>
> but there is no need. Still it doesn't prevent me from adding the
> drivers to Kconfig. run a # modprobe -l on your laptop and I bet that
> half of the drivers which appear there, you have no HW for them.

Ok.

> > I can see below two types of issue currently.
> >
> > A) Limitation  in musb driver which requires gadget driver to be
> available
> > Even for host only ports.
>
> this is easily fixable. It's not even a limitation. I already showed you
> the code to fix that up.

Ok.

> > B) There is no option in menuconfig to select two gadget modules for
> two
> > OTG ports in built-in mode.
>
> and there will never be. Try to compile usb-storage.ko built-into the
> kernel for port0 on your USB roothub. What your asking for can't be
> done. Period

To me if I have two musb port where each of them are in OTG mode. Then
I should not see the gadget module as builtin option for only one port.

... so better don't allow builtin gadget itself. Let it be module only
For each port.

> > If A) above is solved then B) would not be needed for boards which has
> > first port as device only and *second* port as host only. If a board
> > has first port host only and second port as device only then fix A)
> > alone will not help.
>
> why not ?

I take it back. Fix A) will do in either case.

> > We need to have both A) and B) fixed for boards which have both musb
> port
> > as OTG capable. (means they have micro-AB receptacle)
>
> dude, I'm sorry, but what have you been smoking ? If one port is
> host-only,

Did you see my comment  "for boards which have both musb port as OTG capable" ?

I wrote this for a board with both port as OTG capable.

Seems you didn't see, that's why you are mixing with your comment
"If one port is host-only then *** NO GADGET DRIVER SHOULD BIND TO IT **** ".

Ajay