Re: [RFC 06/17] usb/ehci: use platform helper in xilinx of

On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 06:11:42PM +0200, Jan Andersson wrote:
> platform_get_irq() / platform_get_resource(.., IORESOURCE_IRQ, ..) is
> broken on SPARC32 (at least for LEON) so a change like:

> will break ehci-grlib.c.

Thanks for reminding me of this :) I know that sparc is using the DT
infrastructure in a special way.

> A colleague of mine has adding support for
> platform_get_irq() on his todo list, but it will probably be a while
> before it gets sorted out.

So there are plans for sparc to get this sorted out, that is good to hear.

> My guess is that most people that use ehci-grlib use a kernel
> distributed by my employer. If the use of irq_of_parse_and_map() stands
> in the way of the ehci registration rework then please go ahead and
> remove it - we can temporarily carry a workaround in our linux dist.

I don't intend to break anything or cause more work for you. So it can stand
as it is now and could be converted once sparc is ready for it and this
approach is accepted in general :)

> Best regards,
>  Jan

Sebastian