Re: Pantech UML290 3G

Hi,

On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 08:59:12AM -0700, Greg KH wrote:
> On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 10:24:45AM -0400, Forest Bond wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm connecting via 3G with the Pantech UML290 using cdc-acm.  I've found that I
> > have to use this unsupported 3rd party Windows utility to configure the device
> > for 3G (there is no 4G coverage in my area):
> >
> > http://www.evdoinfo.com/content/view/3492/64
> >
> > With the standard configuration, PPP and IP come up but no traffic will flow
> > over the link.
> >
> > Does anyone have any idea what that utility might be doing that makes 3G work?
> > I need to be able to use the device without having to plug it into a Windows
> > machine first for configuration.
>
> Can you run this utility in a windows virtual machine and snoop on the
> traffic using usbmon so that we can see what is happening here?

I haven't done that before, but I can give it a shot.  I might not get to it for
a few days.

I was hoping the options presented by the utility might look familiar to someone
that knows the technology better than I do.

Thanks,
Forest
--
Forest Bond
rapidrollout.com / alittletooquiet.net / pytagsfs.org