Pantech UML290 3G

Hi,

I'm connecting via 3G with the Pantech UML290 using cdc-acm.  I've found that I
have to use this unsupported 3rd party Windows utility to configure the device
for 3G (there is no 4G coverage in my area):

http://www.evdoinfo.com/content/view/3492/64

With the standard configuration, PPP and IP come up but no traffic will flow
over the link.

Does anyone have any idea what that utility might be doing that makes 3G work?
I need to be able to use the device without having to plug it into a Windows
machine first for configuration.

Thanks,
Forest
--
Forest Bond
rapidrollout.com / alittletooquiet.net / pytagsfs.org