Re: State of g_ether/RNDIS?

On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 1:19 AM, Marc St-Jean <Marc.St-Jean@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I had seen that archive thread but since we're running 2.6.31
> it already has the patches listed for 2.6.28-rc5.
>
> I didn't have a USB 1.1 hub handy so I tried a USB 2.0 hub and it
> worked! Complicating the USB chain solves the problem, go figure.
> This will be good enough for our purposes so I'm not going to spend
> more time trying to debug WinXP ;-)

Glad to know that you solve the problem. You might want to try
Windows Vista and Windows 7 to see if it is okay or not with
or without the hub.

> All I can assume is Windows doesn't allow speed translation
> unless a second hub is present (there is an onboard USB 2.0 hub
> on the system I'm testing with)?

I do not think so. I do not know the reason but I tend to think
there are issues with the codes, if not g_ether/RNDIS then
your underlying lower level usb driver codes.

> Thanks to Xiaofan, Michal for the suggestions and everyone
> for taking the time to read this thread.

You are welcome.

--
Xiaofan