Re: State of g_ether/RNDIS?

On Tue, 26 Apr 2011 17:55:55 +0200, Marc St-Jean <Marc.St-Jean@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm new to the list and I wonder if I could get some help/orientation
with regards to the state of g_ether/RNDIS?

We are not trying to get a multi-function device working at this point,
simply a static configured g_ether/RNDIS.  Should the existing kernel
code work without patches?

Yes, g_ether should work without any additional patches.  I've updated
the Documentation/usb/linux.inf file in June 2010 (see 90eef5b8acb45:
USB: gadget: g_ether: updated INF file) and it should work with anything
starting with Windows XP SP3.

Could you elaborate on the symptoms on Windows?  Could you try installing
<http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html> and say what it says?
(Or at least connecting the device to Linux host and issue
"lsusb -vv -d 0525:".)

--
Best regards,                                         _     _
.o. | Liege of Serenely Enlightened Majesty of      o' \,=./ `o