Re: Using USB Generic Serial Converter with devices from different vendors

On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 10:40:48AM +0100, Filip Aben wrote:
> In case you have USB selective suspend enabled, can you disable it and
> run your test again ?
I disabled it (power/control set to 'on' for all modems) and made
some other tests.

After digging deeper in logs I noticed that there is more
XactErrs, but most of them recover in < 15 tries (does not depend
on suspend setting). As far as I can check this, it doesn't
depend on external environmental conditions. For all the modems I
run the software, that, in test conditions, mostly does repetitive
polling of the modem (i.e. issues AT+CREG?, then AT+CMGL=4, then
15 seconds sleep). When this software is run for 2 modems there
are no XactErrs at all. If I run it for 16 modems I get
XactErrs. I don't know the cause. Maybe it's bad USB controller
(Intel 82801G), but I tested on NEC controller before, and it
wasn't perfect either.

I increased the number of XactErr retries and if it would recover
automatically I could probably live with that, but I'm afraid
that hso crashes after reattachment (one visible at the end of
dmesg I sent previously) can leave system in unstable state.