RE: Re: [RFC] usb,serial: Make ZTE modem work again

> > Part of the problem is the person reporting the problem says the
device
> > never shows up as a cd-rom, so usb_modeswitch never gets a chance to
do
> > its magic.
> >
> > Thoughts?
>
> Hmm strange, in this case may be usb-storage isn't loaded or built in,
so no
> device is created which can be ejected.
>
> It can be also some program already tried to switch it to modem mode
using a
> custom command which didn't work, and left device at a wrong state. I
don't
> know what the system has, but may be it has some pre-configured udev
rule,
> check /etc/udev/rules.d/ and /lib/udev/rules.d/ for rules which match
> 19d2:2000 id. If it has, comment the rule and ask to device to be
inserted
> again, and use directly the eject command, if this works, then that
rule/
> program which runs it to eject should be at fault.
>
> Or this is a different device, and it doesn't export a cdrom device,but
still
> expect we do something to switch it to modem mode, so needing to really
do
> something in side usb_storage to switch it to modem mode. If it's a
cdrom
> storage device, "lsusb -v -d 19d2:2000" should show interface descriptor
with:
>       bInterfaceClass         8 Mass Storage
>       bInterfaceSubClass      6 SCSI
> Which then confirms it is a usb-storage device really.
>
> May be Zhao Ming has some other idea too?

19d2:2000 is cd-rom id of ZTE modem,so there is no need to push it in any
code in kernel.unfortunately, the id was disabled by mass-storage driver
from 2.6.26 to 2.6.28 because of some history reason. usb_modeswitch can
solve the problem but the command of usb_modeswitch vary with modem chip.

if some one report the problem,he can upgrade kernel or contact local
custom manager of ZTE which will tell how to send usb_modeswitch command.

ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail is solely property of the sender's organization. This mail communication is confidential. Recipients named above are obligated to maintain secrecy and are not permitted to disclose the contents of this communication to others.
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the originator of the message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender.
This message has been scanned for viruses and Spam by ZTE Anti-Spam system.