Iomega Ego USB3.0 2TB drive - error on "remove safely"

Hi,
Attached are some errors that I have been getting on an Iomega Ego 2TB
USB 3.0 drive when I mark it for "Safe Removal".  This happens whether I
attach it to a USB 2.0 or USB3.0 controller.

It is an ext4 filesystem, if that makes any difference.

I searched for this error message on the Internet, and it has been
around a while on various devices, but I have seen no real good answer
as to what the error means, whether it is just advisory, and what you
can do to get rid of it.

If I should be sending this to some other person, please let me know,
but since the only device I have seen it on is a USB3.0 disk I thought I
would start here.

Thanks,

md