Re: USB-2.0 unplug of "SignalRanger MK2/SoftdB" crashes AMD based Linux systems

On 12/14/10 10:48 PM, Greg KH wrote:
On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 09:48:00PM -0500, Percy Zahl wrote:
  Hello again,

actually not as simple as a hub "isolation". It seam to help on my
AMD Opteron system at work, not for my Phenom X4 at home. I used a
USB repeater cable, not externally powered (do not have one like
this right now to play with).

It still crashed the kernel (this time I had my module loaded, but I
am sure it crashes also without it) and I was able to catch the
dmesg dump to a file seconds before the system was dead -- this time
kind of "slow death"... -- but I saw this previously.

Just in case you are curious, here is the module code:
http://sranger.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/sranger/SRanger/modules-mk2-2.6.x/usb-sranger_mk2.c?revision=1.20&view=markup

See attached file for full dmesg output.

here is the snipped as the disaster starts at [  545.054571] after
actually fine looking disconnect and "good by" from my module -- the
rest -- sorry, I can not really interpret:
Does any of this happen without the closed source ATI driver loaded?
Yes, but with the Nvidia driver in place instead...
Is there any connection???? (I could unload it all and test on plain console).

thanks
-Percy

thanks,

greg k-h