Re: USB-2.0 unplug of "SignalRanger MK2/SoftdB" crashes AMD based Linux systems

> What I found (without any of my own kernel modules/driver even loaded) --  the basic USB (2.0) base layer of Linux crashes as the point of USB unregistering (unplug) of the MK2. If it crashes, it's badly, at times a instant reboot happens or it is kind of stuck/totally frozen with need of hardware reset. I never found any (for me) use full information in the kernel logs.

So it may well be a hardware problem.

Try sticking it behind a powered hub - if for example its generating
power spikes then I'd expect that to miraculously cure it. Another test
to do is to boot the platform into DOS or similar with no USB enabled at
all and see it still crashes.

Alan