Re: FTDI-SIO hang on ftdi_close()

linux-usb-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 11.16.2010 04:31:16 PM:

> And have you tried running the program on a different computer, one
> without an nVidia chipset?
>
> Alan Stern

Yes i tried it on another machine without nVidia Chipset and it worked
like a charm.
I experienced the same problems with the USB on that Asus machine for a
long time. I use an APC UPS which gets polled for the power state every 10
seconds.
So i think it could be caused if there are too many read/write requests.
I even noticed that sometimes it works for hours and sometimes it works
only one time. I guessed this might be a hardware (or BIOS) bug.

But lets wait until tomorrow, maybe it will work fine with kernel 2.6.36
(which is still marked as unstable for amd64 on Gentoo [1]).

Regards.

David Schueler

[1] http://packages.gentoo.org/package/sys-kernel/gentoo-sources