Re: USB development and git

Hi,

On Tue, Nov 09, 2010 at 04:09:18PM -0600, Greg KH wrote:
Hmm, but if you're sending patches for linux-next (i.e. not for the
current rc), then don't you want to base off of Greg's usb-next tree?

what's the difference ? Git will figure all of that out anyway and
Linus' will always be a "more stable" tree. We had the same in
linux-omap tree and we came down to the conclusion that it's better to
always base off Linus' tree unless we have dependencies on other patches
which aren't in linux-2.6.git yet, but at that point we can always:

$ git rebase --onto linus/master old-head current-branch

and everything is all good.

Yes, please do that, otherwise I'll get extra merges that I do not need,
and Linus does not want.  I'll merge to Linus's tree ever -rc or so,
only if needed for the -next branches.

will you ? Won't usb-next always be:

most recent Linus + new features from Greg ?

anyways, if you want that way, it's not a problem for me :-)

--
balbi