Re: USB development and git

On Mon, Nov 08, 2010 at 02:00:23PM -0600, Greg KH wrote:
Hi all,

After a discussion at the kernel summit last week, Linus expressed a
strong preference for the subsystem maintainers to start using git, and
for them to start accepting git pulls from the people that they trust as
well.

So, I'm going to try to switch over to using git for development and to
send patches to Linus directly.  My git tree is now at:
	git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gregkh/usb-2.6.git

There are two branches in there:
	usb-next - this is what should show up in the linux-next tree
	usb-linus - this is what I'm wanting to push to Linus for this
	major release.

Thanks, that actually makes my life a lot easier :-) To be sure my
patches where applied, I only to check two branches from you, no need
for scripting around git quiltimport :-)

To send pulls, I'll always base of Linus' most recent tag.

--
balbi