Re: Hercules Deejay Trim, "not enough bandwidth"

On Sat, 23 Oct 2010, Daniel Stöckner wrote:

> > If that doesn't work, build a kernel with CONFIG_DEBUG_FS and
> > CONFIG_USB_DEBUG enabled.  Mount a debugfs filesystem on
> > /sys/kernel/debug.  Then while running a test, make copies of the files
> > under /sys/kernel/debug/usb/ehci/B, where B is the appropriate
> > directory for the bus your soundcard is plugged into.
>
> The files are attached. The webcam was disabled. I made 4 snapshots:
> 0. before plugging in the soundcard
> 1. after plugging in the soundcard (device idle)
> 2. after the error, while trying to record with 4 inputs
> 3. after unplugging (a bunch of urb errors occur)
>
> Output of /var/log/messages and /var/log/kern.log is included. If you
> need anything else, just let me know. Thank you for your help!!

Unfortunately the "periodic" files are all the same!  Which means they
don't contain any useful information -- they show the transfers
scheduled for the integrated hub but nothing for the sound card.

Can you try doing the same thing with a smaller number of streams, so
that no errors occur?  The "periodic" file contents while the transfers
are running should be more informative.

Also, when you're trying to get this to work with 4 or 4+2 streams,
what is the bandwidth used by each stream?  It looks like the card
supports both 48 KHz 16-bit stereo and 48 KHz 24-bit stereo (as well as
44.1 KHz variants).  Which are you trying to use?

Alan Stern