Re: Hercules Deejay Trim, "not enough bandwidth"

Am Samstag, den 23.10.2010, 22:24 -0400 schrieb Alan Stern:
> Unfortunately the "periodic" files are all the same!  Which means they
> don't contain any useful information -- they show the transfers
> scheduled for the integrated hub but nothing for the sound card.
>
> Can you try doing the same thing with a smaller number of streams, so
> that no errors occur?  The "periodic" file contents while the transfers
> are running should be more informative.

I made a periodic copy of the periodic file on a (very rough) 100
milliseconds basis. The exact nanosecond time is included in each copy.
The soundcard was busy in 24bit 44100 2/2 mode. A second log of periodic
is attached, while trying to open in 24bit 44100 4/2 mode.

> Also, when you're trying to get this to work with 4 or 4+2 streams,
> what is the bandwidth used by each stream?  It looks like the card
> supports both 48 KHz 16-bit stereo and 48 KHz 24-bit stereo (as well as
> 44.1 KHz variants).  Which are you trying to use?

This is a summary of what modes work or don't. The format for the
channels is "no channels in/no channels out". "0" means simplex mode.

    description         mode works

00. 16 bit 44100 2/2    yes
01. 16 bit 48000 2/2    yes
02. 24 bit 44100 2/2    yes
03. 24 bit 48000 2/2    yes
04. 16 bit 44100 4/2    no
05. 16 bit 48000 4/2    no
06. 24 bit 44100 4/2    no
07. 24 bit 48000 4/2    no
08. 24 bit 48000 4/0    yes
09. 24 bit 44100 4/0    yes
10. 16 bit 48000 4/0    yes
11. 16 bit 44100 4/0    yes
12. 24 bit 48000 2/0    yes
13. 24 bit 48000 0/2    yes

It seems as if only 6 channel mode doesn't work. Up to for 4 channels
everything works fine, regardless of bits and sampling rate. For me, the
"24 bit 44100 4/2" mode is important, because I need to record 4
channels to a playback in realtime.