Re: CDC_ACM, TU4310 and odd behaviour

--- On Sat, 10/23/10, Yauheni Kaliuta <y.kaliuta@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  >  I would assume TI's chipset is guilty,

Why not assume a mismatch between its
custom firmware (for MSP430 debug??) and
your expectations?

  That TUSB chip is just a fairly
generic programmable USB+serial
beast, which has been used for years.  In
such cases, I assume the hardware is fine,
and any issue is software expectations.

You are after all not using it with the
intended software application, which has
key information embedded in it (ISTR there
are no docs for the MSP430 debug protocols,
at least generally available ones (TI must
clearly have internal docs).

Someone on this thread referred to MSP430 as
a new chip ... I thought I'd just point out
that as microcontrollers go, it's not new.
Maybe some specific variants are, but I'm
fairly sure MSP430 verges on 20 years old
as an architecture (if you discount its
very PDP11-ish nature).