Re: Question about EP fifo mode in musb

On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 04:16:46AM -0500, Praveena NADAHALLY wrote:
There's mode_1_cfg and mode_3_cfg which enable double buffering. The
thing is that those tables are supposed to serve as example
"always-work" setup. Products will, most likely, have to optimize those
for the actual product requirements. If you don't need all endpoints on
your product, why would you enable all of them on IP ?

For our requirement, the mode_1_cfg and mode_3_cfg doesn't match. We
need more EP's.  Since there is no configuration which matches our
requirement, I will add one more configuration and send the patch.

I already asked you not to do so. You will be spending time with a patch
that will not be accepted. mode_4 enables all 15 endpoints, but there's
no double buffering. The fifo mode is really a case by case solution
that's why I allowed board-files to pass down fifo modes in the first
place.

--
balbi