Re: Question about EP fifo mode in musb

Hi,

On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 03:35:31AM -0500, Praveena NADAHALLY wrote:
what do you mean ? Do you have fifo mode hardcoded in HW ?? If that's
the case none of those will be used and you will call
ep_config_from_hw() instead of ep_config_from_table(). Otherwise, you
can pass a fifo_mode table from board-file. See that it's part of the
platform_data.

We have dynamic FIFO's and use ep_config_from_table().

Tell me exactly why you would need an extra fifo mode and we can
start a discussion, currently I see no shadow of need for another
fifo_mode table.

As of now I want to add double buffering to EP1 TX and RX.  In future,
I may need to add double buffering for some other EP's also.

There's mode_1_cfg and mode_3_cfg which enable double buffering. The
thing is that those tables are supposed to serve as example
"always-work" setup. Products will, most likely, have to optimize those
for the actual product requirements. If you don't need all endpoints on
your product, why would you enable all of them on IP ?

In any case, you can the correct fifo mode via platform_data to the
driver.

--
balbi