Re: Question about EP fifo mode in musb

Hello,

On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 11:15:06PM -0500, Praveena NADAHALLY wrote:
In musb_core.c file, there is a table which defines the fifo mode values
for different EP configurations etc.. like

/* mode 5 - fits in 8KB */
static struct fifo_cfg __initdata mode_5_cfg[] = {
{ .hw_ep_num =  1, .style = FIFO_TX,   .maxpacket = 512, },
{ .hw_ep_num =  1, .style = FIFO_RX,   .maxpacket = 512, },

Currently for our configuration, none of these modes are matching.
So, should we define a new mode as mentioned in the comments?

what do you mean ? Do you have fifo mode hardcoded in HW ?? If that's
the case none of those will be used and you will call
ep_config_from_hw() instead of ep_config_from_table(). Otherwise, you
can pass a fifo_mode table from board-file. See that it's part of the
platform_data.

If everyone keeps on defining modes like this, we may end up in a big
List of mode array.

correct, that's why we don't :-) Those are just a set of example (useful
ones) which people can base of :-)

So, any thought's / suggestion to optimize it? Or should we go ahead in
defining a new mode as per our requirement?

Tell me exactly why you would need an extra fifo mode and we can start a
discussion, currently I see no shadow of need for another fifo_mode
table.

--
balbi