Re: artificial USB test environment, any help appreciated

> Could one give me a hint, how to create a test environment to artificially
> test such a scenario? Could one be of any help whether I can simulate a usb
> device in software?

Realistically I doubt. I'd have thought if you want to do this seriously
you want a decent performance USB board capable of being a USB device (ie
using the usb-gadget code) and writing an emulation of what you want to
study, then run that across two PCs

The last time someone stress tested the tty core code we were doing ok
with HSDPA. The newest modern hardware isn't going to use serial
emulation anyway. The serial setup is brain dead especially if running in
CMUX mode where you've got a serial link emulated over a multi channel
packet based interface running a protocol to provide a multiple channel
packet based interface each channel of which carries a serial emulation
which carries an asynchronous framed PPP connection in order to map IP
packets onto the emulated serial link.

If it had been anyone but a telco involved someone would have shot the
poor beast before it got out of the lab !

Alan