AW: artificial USB test environment, any help appreciated

Hi Greg,

I want to test the performance of a linux box (and the serial subsystem)
that is connected to the internet with multiple (lets say 5 for this
example) usb data sticks running at speed above 7.2MBs. I then end up with
multiple ppp devices ppp0 to ppp4. My interest is whether this setup would
be capable of e.g. downloading 5 different files from 5 different ip
addresses (having set the routes properly to use the respective pppX device)
at speeds around 50MBit/s?

Thanks for your help so far,

Axel