Re: FW: Concerns regarding file backed storage gadget

On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 02:37:58PM -0700, Murphy, Robert wrote:
> Please note:
> One of our main requirements is NO driver install.  This includes any
> pre-existing uninstalled drivers in the OS (including RNDIS, ACM and
> serial).

That's an interesting requirement, one that sounds like it comes from
someone who doesn't understand how operating systems work :)

What happens if the user has never plugged a usb-storage device into the
machine before?

Anyway, I'm not going to get into the design decisions of your product,
that is your business, not ours.  Just be aware of the issues that doing
what you are doing, and how it might cause problems if not handled
properly.

good luck,

greg k-h