RE: FW: Staging usb_gadget_register driver, 2.6.35

> On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 04:19:03PM -0700, David Cross wrote:
> > Anand,
> > Thanks for the input, removing MUSB completely worked. There are a >
couple of
> > minor issues that seem to result from this however:
> > 1) cannot have two gadget peripheral controllers as modules in a given
> > kernel

> True.

Is this behavior by design or accident?

> > 2) I can't keep the current driver completely contained in the staging
> > directory. I needed to modify the Kconfig files for gadget peripheral
> > controller to make this work. Otherwise, I am forced to select a non->
staging
> > gadget controller.

> No, you can just use a Kconfig rule to prevent your module from being
> built if any other gadget controller is selected.

I could do that, but that does not enable me to build and link gadget
function drivers against my staging gadget driver, right? The way the
Kconfig is setup as a choice between available controller drivers. The
function drivers are then dependent on a gadget controller being selected.
So, I think I would either need to modify the dependencies such that
function drivers could be built independently of a peripheral controller
being selected (in case one is present in staging) or include the staging
controller as a valid choice.

Thanks,
David