Re: [BUG] 2.6.31.2 io_ti

On 16 August 2010 22:05, Alan Stern <stern@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Aug 2010, Chris Beauchamp wrote:
>
>> The problem comes when you need to reboot - that's the equivalent to
>> it being plugged in for the first time, so that rules out remote
>> kernel upgrades etc.
>
> Ah ha.  You didn't mention that before.

Dang, sorry - thought I had :)

>  Do you get the problem even if
> you reboot while the device is unplugged and then plug it in
> afterward?

Yup - either exhibits the problem.

> I'll try to filter out the portion that refers to a single adapter.
> The adapters all exhibit the same problem, don't they?

It varies - often the 4 lowest numbered ports work, though sometimes
none, sometime 6 work. As far as I can tell, they are physically the
first however many ports that work, rather than a number of random
ones. So I'd pick a higher number one to examine. In the case I
posted, 4 ports are working.

Thanks

Chris