Re: usb3.0 not recognizing hard disk.

On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 10:44 PM, Alan Stern <stern@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Does this drive work correctly at SuperSpeed on _any_ system
> (including Windows)?  Maybe it's just broken.

Tried that. As broken as in Linux. So, yes, it's drive enclosure problem.

On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 11:00 PM, Andy Green <AGreen@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Most PCIe USB3 add-in cards have a power connector, which isn't usually necessarily unless
> you run juicy bus-powered devices. If your USB2 port is on the mainboard, and your usb3 port
> is an add-in card, try hooking up that power connector to the PSU.

Tried just about everything on the previous disk enclosure and even
supply direct +5V to the USB3 port, and even tried on another
notebook, swapped another card and enclosure but can't work. I guess
every manufacturer out there are just trying to capitalized on pushing
new gadgets that _claim_ to do super wonderful things but just
gimmicks!

I'm seeing this "xhci_hcd 0000:05:00.0: WARN: Stalled endpoint" ...
any significant?

Also, it seems the USB3.0 transfer is not as fast as I thought. I was
expecting to see more than 2Gps with the SATA2 disk, but it seems to
acheive less than the speed of e-SATA Express Card. Could be due to
the ExpressCard 1.0 port or poor quality USB3 to SATA converter.

Thanks,
Jeff