Re: PROBLEM: ENOEXEC on write to Opticon OPN-2001 barcode scanner

On 15 July 2010 01:14, Greg KH <gregkh@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> That's because there is no bulk-out endpoint so the driver does not
> support writing at all, sorry.

Well, that does explain the problem.  Still, ENOEXEC seems like a
weird error to throw for this case.  Perhaps the driver should be
giving rise to a more intelligible error message?  Like "The opticon
driver does not support bulk writes at this time"?

> In fact, I don't think this driver works well at all right now.  I got
> some reports from Opticon that it needed to be modified for newer
> devices that supported writing to the device (like yours it seems), and
> other features.
>
> Personally, I don't have the time due to real-life (tm) issues, but if
> others want to help out, I'd be glad to put you in contact with Opticon
> to hopefully resolve the issues.

I would be interested in taking this up.  Please put me in touch with
Opticon and I'll see what I can do.  Also, if the previous reports
from Opticon that you mentioned are available via mailing list
archives, any links you could provide would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
BJ