Re: Libusb: Usbfs vs Sysfs

>> 5) Is it possible to do I/O with a usb device endpoints using sysfs ?
>
> Depends on the i/o you want to do :)

for eg to do usb bulk i/o with device bulk endpoints .

>> 6) Upon a usb device plugin , which filesystem (usbfs or sysfs )
>> provides  the device information faster ?
>
> What is "faster"?  What "device information" do you want to get?

upon usb connect / disconnect ,   i want to extract device infomation
(VID /PID  ) to match my device .
so i should scan /sys/bus/usb/devices or /proc/bus/usb/BBB/DDD .
which one provides the information first via descriptors file ?

> And why are you asking this type of thing on the libusb mailing list and
> not the linux-usb mailing list?  It has nothing to do with libusb that I
> can tell...

oh sorry if i used the wrong mailing list .  i put on linux-usb
mailing list only ,

Regards
Amit Nagal